Sunday, January 8, 2012

Drake- Take Care

The album Take Care produced by recording artist Drake was released November 15, 2011. I personally like Drake as an artist. When I knew about his new album I was pretty excited to see what he had in store for his listeners. The first time I heard his album, I had about every song on repeat. I think I can speak for a lot of people and say that we can relate to his lyrics. In my opinion, I think that's what defines an artist...at least a real one to me. Being able to connect with your fans and have that connection between the two is key in music, and that is exactly what Drake does.
There is a lot of controversy about him rapping and singing. Well you wana know what? Since when is it a crime to sing and rap?! Who cares if he sings, raps, or plays a violin for all I know. The thing everyone is overlooking is that he is making music, HIS music. I think that Drake's style is unique. People say he's gone "soft" and I completely disagree. Drake is talking about real events and life situations that people deal with everyday, and I think that's what caught the attention of many people. The thing about Drake is that he makes you think with his songs, and I personally like that. There were plenty of instances where I definitely wanted to tell my ex to "take a shot for me". I don't mind the singing at all, but I do want to point out how he sang in this album when he wanted to show his emotions (usually about relationships). He didn't sing to get his point across in his previous album with songs such as fear, the calm, and to an extent the resistance all including the same feel. Maybe this time, he just wanted to try something different? All I know is that Drake is progressing and becoming better every album and I think that's whats important. Everyone's taste in music is different and this just so happens to be mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment